Sunday, October 5, 2014

Keeping toasty

Now for a bit of insulation, blackout and privacy. God that sounds dull!

I looked around for pre-cut blackout blinds for the Berlingo's windows for when we are in camping mode - I either had to pay a ridiculous amount for some polypropylene ones - or make me own! I am a tight arse so the latter won through. Thought about wet suit material but then some bubblewrap foil type jobby seemed achievable - a roll of double foil bubble insulation (used for behind radiators) was £13.50 from B&Q so I got my magic marker and scissors and made the screens for each of the windows - bar the front two and windscreen (as I borrowed a silver screen from a VW for this which fitted perfectly to the Bertha Berlingo).






To get them to stick to the window I bought some little suction cups, piercing a hole through the screen to attach them.



1 comment: